CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

LIFE

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
-"Hope Now" by Addison Road

We heard Addison Road in concert a few months ago, and this song "Hope Now" rang true with what life has been dealing lately. I'm so thankful that in spite of earthly circumstances, in spite of the pain that comes with this life, that Jesus carries me and His love does set us free.

For my far away friends that I don't get to talk to but am able to keep up with through blogs and such, life has been a little insane for us the past few months. After 40 years of marriage, my in-laws are divorcing and being the only son (at least the only one around), Clifton has had much placed on his shoulders. As I write, he is driving his mom and aunt up from Texas to become residents of Missouri.

I guess we never know what life holds, but we do know Who holds it! I am confident that through a horrible situation, God will receive glory. Everything rides on hope, everything rides on faith. Bring it on. We are ready to see God at work and join Him in what He is going to do through this in our lives and the lives of those we love.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Liz, this just broke my heart. I am so so sad for you and Clifton. Prayers and hugs...

Denyse said...

I've been praying for ya'll. Hope everyone is settling in. I bet your kids are excited to have a "mimi" close by =)