CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life with Two Kids

We have now been home adjusting to life with two kids for almost a week. There have definitely been challenging moments, but we are beginning to figure out how to make it work (at least for now!)
Collin had a bit of a rough start. He apparently took in quite a bit of fluid during the c-section and was having some trouble breathing initially. He spent a day and night in the NICU, but overcame that obstacle within 24 hours. He then had some higher levels of bilirubin causing jaundice, so we traveled back to the hospital lab a few times over the weekend to get those levels checked. Finally on Sunday the doctor said the levels seemed to be coming down on their own, so we were thrilled with that! He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow and we are praying for an all-clear, everything looks and sounds great report!
Kiersten is learning how to be gentle around her brother. She wants to love and kiss on him constantly! She IS the big sister, you know, so with that comes all knowledge of how to take care of brother and do everything on her own (translate: "I can do whatever I want because I am the big sister.") So we are definitely working on this transition of life for her, too.
Mom is doing well. She was able to wear a pair of pre-pregnancy capris today and even ventured out with BOTH kids to the library, so Kiersten could begin participating in the summer reading program. We all managed to survive!! I know it will continue to get easier (especially after the hormones are totally in check!! When exactly does that happen anyways?)
Dad is back at work, but is being pretty flexible with his schedule so he can help out at home. Life with two children at this point is definitely a divide and conquer situation!
Church friends have been awesome! We have had some very delicious meals come our way since we've been home. It's amazing how much it helps to not have to think about, plan, and cook dinner every night!
I haven't gotten the camera out since we've been home, but I will this weekend and get some current pics up.


No comments: