CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2008

No Carving Pumpkins for Us This Year

So every year we carve a pumpkin, right? I don't really look forward to it at all. It's messy, gross, and just not my favorite thing to do. Toasted pumpkin seeds aren't my thing. Pumpkin bread is, but in my kitchen it's made from canned pumpkin. And to top it off this year we have rogue cats in our neighborhood constantly getting into our trash cans and boo bags of candy people leave us on the front porch.
I decided that we were going to do preschool-friendly, not-so-messy, hopefully-cat-proof pumpkins this year. I saw the pictures in a Family Fun magazine and Kiersten and I got creative this afternoon. I think we had fun. I so try to not be the perfectionist I am when it comes to doing projects with her. Thus we don't have round eyes on our witch, mummy and vampire (this one's a little difficult to figure out-but it's the one with the fangs!). The mess was so much easier to clean up and I don't have orange hands.
Maybe we'll try to do creative artsy kinds of things more often, though I have determined that I cannot scrapbook with her yet. I can't seem to let go of my need to have it just right in this area!! Hopefully one day we will. For now, enjoy our not-so-scary masterpieces!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I love her look in the second picture!

Denyse said...

Oooo! I love your new blog layout! It makes me think of pumpkin pie and apple cider and all sorts of smell-good fall things.