CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Is God Taking Good Care of Gigi?


The other night Kiersten and I were reading a book entitled My Birthday, Jesus Birthday. Basically the book compares a little girl's two favorite days of the year-her own birthday and Jesus' birthday. After reading this book for what seemed the hundredth time, Kiersten began asking questions about God such as: Where is God? Can I see Him? Can He see me? What does He do? and so on...

When I attempted to answer the question of God's whereabouts, Kiersten piped in and asked if God was also in heaven. I said, "Yes, He is." She said, "With Gigi?" Again, I said, "Yes, with Gigi." Kiersten said, "Is God taking good care of her?" Then she went on to say, "Mommy, I sure miss Gigi. I wish she could be here to see me. "(This was the night of Kiersten's birthday.) I told her I was certain that Gigi could see her from heaven and that most likely Gigi was bending God's ear telling Him what a great job He did when he created her Kiersten.

Of course, by this time, my eyes are way more than just moist and Kiersten has already sat up in bed to wipe away my tears. Then leave it to my girl...without missing a beat, "Do you think Gigi's telling Him how smart and beautiful I am?"

"I'm sure she is, Kiersten, I'm sure she is."

We miss you loads, Mom! Wish you could have celebrated Kiersten's fourth birthday with us, but I'm sure you were having a party for her, too! Keep whispering in God's ear about what a great job He did when creating our girl. She is the best thing ever!!

No comments: